The procurement profession and its digital transformation journey
The previous edition of this report published in Spring of this year painted a positive picture of the recruitment market trends and conditions for the Procurement & Spend Management sector. We also considered the opportunities available to the procurement profession to move beyond a savings dominated agenda in our editorial entitled “The Future of Procurement.”
This latest edition of The Procurement & Spend Management Insider tells us that “we live in a period of significant change with uncharted waters ahead of us. Times are changing politically, economically and technologically. All of these considerations have implications for the procurement profession. They present both new challenges and exciting opportunities.”
The editorial section continues these themes as it evaluates where the procurement profession is on its digital transformation journey and what lies ahead for the profession.
The report, widely viewed by the procurement and spend management professions as the leading analysis of its kind, will also tell you what we are hearing and seeing from our unique vantage point as specialist recruiters and thought leaders working at the forefront of the developments in the profession.
We will address several key issues including:
- All the latest news from the procurement technology sector
- Observations on recruitment market trends including procurement leadership, the interim market, procurement technology and consulting
- The impact of Brexit on the job market and procurement profession
- Views on the recent Procurement Technology events and the subjects discussed
- Thoughts on the future of the procurement skill set
- Advice on how to progress your career in an automated world