Our client is a procurement-focused, managed services and outsourcing business that support major global companies through an offering of best-in-class procurement solutions, including Category Management, Strategic Sourcing, and Category Management, Contract and Supplier Management, Tactical and Transactional Procurement (P2P).
They bring deep Category expertise extending across various direct and indirect spend categories and help transform leading procurement teams around the world.
This is a rare opportunity to join a startup-like environment within an established global company of more than 50,000 people and offers excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
They are looking for a VP of Sales who will be a member of the sales leadership team responsible for selling procurement outsourcing services. This is a senior-level individual contributor role engaging customers and potential customers at Senior/board level.
- Grow potential leads through networking, cold-calling, trade shows, public speaking, and/or other sources
- Develop relationships with potential buyers through personal meetings, presentations, speaking engagements, business networking, telephone calls, personal emails, personal mailings, business forums, and/or other business or social gatherings.
- Generate client awareness and develop an interest in the business and its services/solutions.
- Identify, develop, present, and close specific procurement transformation opportunities within target companies.
- Apply rigorous qualification criteria throughout the sales process.
- Co-create and review written proposals in tandem with the solutions team.
- Lead/support remote and face-to-face proposal pitches.
- Lead commercial and contractual negotiations in collaboration with SMEs.
Knowledge and skills
- Understanding and experience of Procurement Services ideally in a consulting, BPO/BPM, and/or Procurement software/services capacity.
- Deep Procurement knowledge (Sourcing, Category Mgmt., Procurement Operations)
- Strong end-to-end sales experience.
- Experience in selling profitable and large-scale projects, with a proven track record in consistently meeting/exceeding multi-million dollar sales targets.
- Able to actively engage with business executives to articulate Procurement solutions and offerings
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation in cross-functional selling.
- Excellent communication / presentation / negotiating / closing skills
- Effective at growing executive relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed global organization.
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 222 0515 to find out more.