This market-leading software provider is looking to add an outstanding presales professional to the already excellent team of commercial specialists working in the UK market.
In this role you will work closely with Regional Sales Executives to provide solution and business process consulting to facilitate closing sales with Enterprise companies in the United Kingdom & Ireland.
As an expert on procurement and/or finance solutions, you will educate prospects and existing clients on how transforming and reengineering existing processes will improve their business.
Critical Performance Competencies
• Can identify key value drivers of a customer’s business and use that information to customize your engagement approach.
• Able to effectively offer customers/prospects a unique perspective teaching them new & unique insights.
• Uses professional concepts, creativity, and sound judgment to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways.
• Aligns our unique value and insights to key customer priorities, reframing the way customers view their business.
• Can present a logical premise in an assertive and constructive manner that results in a prospect or client agreeing to make a decision or take an action.
• Uses rational and emotional drivers that would appeal to customers to comfortably drive negotiation conversations in our clients favour.
• Distils complex concepts into digestible messages and presentations.
• Top notch presentation skills.
• An innate curiosity for technology and your clients’ businesses.
• Builds and maintains trusting relationships with your sales teams.
• Adjust to new, different, or changing requirements. • Listens with objectivity and checks for understanding.
• Persists despite obstacles and opposition or setbacks.
• Is at ease in difficult sales situations and comfortable influencing the customer to take an action that drives the sales process either thru a “gate” or persuade the customer proactively to make a decision.
• Able to work independently, receiving no instruction on routine work and only general instruction on new assignments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, surpassed by your superior listening skills.
Key responsibilities include:
Demonstrations & Presentations
• Prepare and deliver compelling product demonstrations and presentations.
• Maintain a configurable product demonstration environment that is flexible enough to address multiple prospective clients’ needs and gives you the agility to switch gears in the midst of a presentation. You’ll find our applications are highly configurable, and you don’t need to be a programmer to work with them.
• Develop and maintain expert knowledge of the clients products and services.
• Maintain knowledge of competitor’s products, company direction, financial stability, etc.; Keep current with industry events, product offerings, etc.
• Tailor your approach to each client engagement by researching the prospective company and industry, and understanding how our solutions drive value with different personas and stakeholders in a client organization.
• Use insight and consultative selling techniques to teach customers about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, which link back to Concur‘s solutions.
• Coach customer stakeholders and build consensus for Concur’s solutions within their organization. • Strategize with sales team members to identify approach most likely to persuade prospect to change existing behaviours, and to solve deal-level challenges.
• Collaborate with your sales team to increase sales velocity and volume and deal size. Administration / Other
• Provide advice and guidance to other Solutions Consultants as requested, including participating in the professional development of new Solutions Consultants.
• Provide input on prospect requirements/concerns to Product Marketing teams.
• Participate in territory planning and deal reviews.
• Assist at trade shows, user conferences, etc. as requested.
• Respond to RFP/RFI’s in conjunction with your sales team.
Qualifications & Experience
• Five years working with financial applications, such as work within a finance organization, or sales/pre-sales experience with financial applications.
• Strong business acumen: the ability to interpret and utilise industry and company information to know your clients’ needs better than they know themselves.
• Demonstrated experience in making formal presentations.
• Solutions Consulting experience preferred but is not required.
• Knowledge of travel and/or expense reporting industry is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Willingness to travel frequently. Travel volumes can be sporadic and seasonal, requiring up to 50% travel at times.
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com or call us on 0161 924 2387 to find out more.