Our client is a major global clothing and fashion brand with an iconic reputation in the market. They are looking for an exceptional Senior Procurement Lead to support multiple cross-functional projects across essential categories of Indirect spend for southern Europe. You will help with benchmarking and research, data gathering and analysis, and category strategy development and delivery.
This role gives the opportunity to work on projects within several indirect spend categories across multiple European countries.
Some of your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to; build and execute RFP/RFI’s, supporting category strategy development, stakeholder management, vendor negotiations and value analysis.
The client is open to the candidate working from any of their southern Europe locations, which includes Paris, Barcelona and Milan. Salaries vary by country. You don’t need to be living in these locations but must be prepared for some occasional travel to at least one as your main office but you can be home based as they operate flexibly.
Key role responsibilities
- Build and leverage internal business partner relationships to effectively create value-focused strategies that align with department goals.
- Build cross-functional relationships
- Contract review and negotiation
- Ability to identify, recommend, and execute on different negotiation levers.
- Contribute to department goals by working closely with various category managers to identify opportunities within categories to create value for the organization.
- Through spend analytics and market intelligence work with category managers and stakeholders, to build business cases in support of key strategic initiatives.
- Team player with the ability to consider and incorporate multiple prospective to drive category objectives.
- Develop, distribute and analyse RFP’s and RFI’s responses
Candidate skills and experience
- 2 to 4 years of experience in strategic sourcing across multiple sourcing categories.
- Able to consider all factors before making a recommendation and can learn new categories quickly.
- You enjoy multi-tasking and problem-solving across multiple projects and prioritize the projects effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Understand and express adequately the total value of a deal/negotiation, building credibility and trust with relevant partners.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both in-person and remotely.
- You like maintaining up-to-date knowledge in procurement practices and technologies and market trends related to assigned categories of goods and services.
- Always look for business optimization and cost savings and can build data-driven business cases to support their goals.
- You’re fluent in English. (The business is English speaking)
- You’re proficient in MS Suite with advanced skills in Excel (can perform complex functions).
Desirable but not essential experience:
- Other European languages are an asset (French, Italian or Spanish).
- Engagement with formal procurement training programs (e.g.: CIPS, NAVI, ISM) is not necessary, but advantageous.
- E-Auction experience and experience with Procure-to-Pay technology solutions are an asset.
- Experience working on business process improvement or strategy projects for a global company is an asset.
As the business is primarily English speaking please submit your application in English.
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 222 0515 to find out more.