This is a unique opportunity to join an outstanding procurement team tasked with delivering business critical projects that will drive meaningful change for this market leading organisation.
It’s ideally suited to a high-quality procurement professional with strong experience in a range of procurement processes, contract management and the use of various procurement technology tools.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of a full range of contracts formulation duties, procuring contracts to budget and schedule, as well as supporting the contracts administration of IT, Security and Infrastructure contracts as required, whilst ensuring that sound commercial governance, control and alignment to business plan objectives are maintained.
You will take ownership for the procurement and contract administration support of multiple key contracts with a value more than £100m of capex expenditure over the next three years working with a variety of influential stakeholders from several different departments.
You will achieve this by undertaking the buying and contracts formulation of a range of contracts including construction and civil engineering works.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist with the development of departmental procurement and contracting strategies, utilising existing group procurement frameworks wherever possible, to ensure that it is aligned with stakeholders to deliver programme objectives and results.
- Pre-market engagement with consultants to resolve potential procurement issues and strengthen the procurement process.
- Prepare OJEU notices, including Calls for Competition, as required in compliance with the EU procurement directives.
- Prepare pre-qualification documents and managing pre-qualification processes, including selection of tenderers.
- Prepare framework and non-framework tender documentation, based on NEC3 and existing bespoke forms of contract, including Invitation to Tenders, Request for Proposals and other documents.
- Manage preparation of scopes of work required for tender and contract documentation, including coordinating technical document reviews.
- Manage commercially focused tender processes for a range of packages, utilising the company’s e-tendering system.
- Prepare tender award recommendations, contract award letters and other procurement documentation.
- Negotiate robust contracts with suppliers and prepare framework and non-framework contract documentation, based on NEC3 and existing bespoke forms of contract, and arranging for execution of documents
- Assisting supplier relationship management, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships and proactively managing consultants’ performances including Key Performance Indicators to ensure that value is realised across the supply chain.
Strong candidates will combine a conscientious, focused approach to their work with good knowledge of procurement best practice processes (CIPS qualification would be advantageous but not essential) and some experience of capital investment projects, ideally in construction or civil engineering.
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com or call us on 0161 924 2387 to find out more.