Our client is an online B2B Marketplace who make corporate buying fast, agile and cost-effective. They provide ‘on-demand’ sourcing to quickly tap into innovation, refresh the supply chain and optimise spend.
As well as matching buyers with suppliers they manage the delivery process right up to receipt of completed deliverables and final payment. They provide an end-to-end, hassle-free solution for clients.
They are looking to add to their team two procurement/ project leads who are proactive in style with a mix of generalist procurement and supply chain skills allied to strong project management experience. Much of the focus is helping business source their services in a more efficient and cost-effective way.
Their clients are across many sectors with vastly different approaches to procurement so a flexible adaptable approach is critical.
You will deliver a range of sourcing related activities to support clients mainly on the procurement of business services but this can include directs and other areas such as supply chain.
Critically you will consult with the client to discover their real needs and use your knowledge and experience to create solutions that exceed their expectations in terms of time and results.
Skills and background
- You must have a good understanding and track record of purchasing business services
- Broad procurement knowledge. Good understanding of a wide range of procurement processes and techniques and able to adapt these to different situations
- You will need strong questioning skills to probe and uncover what the client’s real challenges are so that you can develop the most effective and creative solutions
- Highly flexible and able to work at speed. Drive to achieve results
- Able to make difficult decisions and to rapidly identify what is critical and what can be omitted. You will think outside of the box
Strong project management skills are critical
- Proven track record of delivering step-changes in savings
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com or call us on 0161 924 2387 to find out more.