Procurement Operations Specialist, UK (Industrial Goods & Services and MRO)
Our Client is a FTSE100 organisation operating internationally, employing over 30,000 people. They lead the way in their sector with innovative products and solutions which solve and exceed the challenges their customers face. The business is going from strength to strength and recently reorganised its procurement function globally.
Their culture is one of empowering and engaging their people and facilitating continuous improvement. You will be given the opportunity to create, learn and innovate.
They have an exciting opportunity for someone to join their procurement team to embed and drive the change process for this exciting new purchasing model across their operational sites in the UK. This role leads on their Industrial Goods and Services and MRO categories to ensure sourcing is optimised for local and global needs
You will work with the central Procurement Category Leads and the local business stakeholders and buyers to both gain engagement for the new processes and ways of working and to ensure local needs are met whilst ensuring global agreements and strategies are implemented. This could include sourcing and category management at a local or regional level
In essence, this is a change management role gaining trust and buy-in of the local operational business. The role may cover all aspects of procurement so needs a good generalist experience, as well as ideally some knowledge of Industrial Goods and Services and MRO spend. However, you could be someone who sources in other spend categories but you should have experience in an engineering or production environment.
The role also acts as a Business Partner to a number of the sites representing procurement on all initiatives and projects
This is a front line role, not a back-office one and you must be able to act on your own initiative and see projects through from start to finish. You will be an outgoing energetic person who enjoys meeting new people and driving a new agenda but very open-mind and able to adapt. The role will involve travel (depending on C19 restrictions) across sites in the UK so a midlands base would be preferable
There are excellent career opportunities as the business will rotate staff and many options will exist in the broader team and business. This is an opportunity to make a difference and be noticed.
You will have the following skills and capabilities:
- You must have a minimum of 3-5 years relevant procurement experience at a similar level in a multi-site business environment
- Good understanding of procurement methodologies and processes probably in engineering, manufacturing or production sectors.
- Ideally, some Industrial Goods and Services and MRO spend knowledge but not exclusively. An indirects or non-production buyer with experience of working in the sector used to dealing with production and engineering stakeholders could fit this role perfectly
- Superb interpersonal skills able to win hearts and minds and the ability to inspire and gain buy-in from others
- Change management skills
- Resilient with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Good all-round procurement skills in directs or indirects and experience of either category management, shared services or operational procurement background (this role could be all of these)
- Ideally good experience of SAP or Coupa systems – a proficient user
- Highly Competent on Microsoft Office Applications including Excel
The role can be home-based anywhere in the UK as long as you are comfortable with travel, however, a Midlands or Northern Home Counties location may be preferable.
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com or call us on 0161 222 0515 to find out more.