Our Client is a FTSE100 organisation operating internationally, employing over 30000 people. They lead the way in their sector with innovative products and solutions which solve and exceed the challenges their customers face. The business is going from strength to strength and recently reorganised its procurement function globally.
Their culture is one of empowering and engaging their people and facilitating continuous improvement. You will be given the opportunity to create, learn and innovate.
They have an exciting opportunity for someone to join their procurement team to embed and drive the change process linked to implementing this exciting new way of working for procurement across their sites in the Nordics.
You will work with the central Procurement Category Leads and the local business stakeholders and buyers to both gain engagement for the new processes and ways of working and to ensure local needs are met whilst ensuring global agreements and strategies are implemented. Create pragmatic strategies and solutions that add value locally and for the business globally.
In essence, this is a change management role gaining trust and buy-in of the local operational business for all categories of direct and indirect spend. You may undertake some sourcing but in essence, you work with central category managers and local stakeholders and buyers to ensure the business benefits are optimised and ensure procurement strategies and processes are optimised.
This is a front line role, not a back-office one. You will be an outgoing energetic person who enjoys meeting new people and driving a new agenda but very open-mind and able to adapt.
There are excellent career opportunities as the business will rotate staff and many options in the broader team and business.
You will have the following skills and capabilities:
- You must have a minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant procurement experience at a similar level in a multisite international business environment or in a major standalone production site
- Ideally, some understanding of sourcing non-production spend or services
- Experience in a production or manufacturing environment is essential – you need to understand how operational production environments work
- Superb interpersonal skills able to win hearts and minds and the ability to inspire and gain buy-in from others
- Comfortable operating with people at MD, Operations or Functional Director level
- Excellent Swedish and English language skills
- Change management skills
- Resilient with high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Good all-round procurement skills able to apply your skills to any category of spend
- Ideally good experience of SAP or Coupa systems – a proficient user
- Highly Competent on Microsoft Office Applications including Excel
The role will be home-based but involves travel to sites across the Nordics (Sweden, Denmark, Finland).
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 222 0515 to find out more.