This is a major operating business of a significant manufacturing plc which operates across a number of industry sectors and has a number of sites across the UK
The business delivers a number of major programmes some of which are highly complex in range and scope and include some which are of incredibly high specification in terms of design and manufacture. Whole lifecycle cost is a key factor in design and specification
The role has responsibility across all aspects of the supply chain and is one that requires high operational capability as well being able to deliver key strategic solutions
The role is responsible for all aspects of procurement and supply chain for a team of over 100 people. The complexity of the projects and the processes give this role some unique challenges. Simplifying complexity will be key.
Critical aspects include:
- Developing collaborative commercial strategies to create partnerships with key suppliers and competitors
- Managing uniquely complex systems and processes
- Provide inspired leadership across the supply chain team in a complex matrix structure
- Developing increased functional capability in terms of people and processes
- Transformation and change management skills and the ability to drive a more collaborative corporate strategy across the business
- Driving a new procurement approach to deliver efficient, cost-effective and innovative solutions which deliver intelligent cost reductions, effectively managing supplier spend and managing and mitigating supply chain risk.
- Drive continuous improvement across the supply chain enhancing capability, cost and programme delivery performance.
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com or call us on 0161 924 2387 to find out more.