Whilst working with the CPO to deliver breakthrough results, this role provides the opportunity to be responsible for setting central policy and direction for supplier management framework across all parts of the business with a total spend of circa £275m.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maximising value out of vendor relationships by working closely with suppliers and managing all commercial contract aspects, to ensure access to the latest innovation, challenge unnecessary business demands, manage contract obligations, reclaim service credits and rebates and track and measure benefits secured from each supplier. You will provide expertise and act as the subject matter expert within the field of Supplier Management.
Strong candidates will be able to offer the following key skills and experience:
- Leading a Supplier Management team in regulated and/or complex organisations or environments
- Experience of implementing Supplier Management programmes
- Driving and successfully implementing large scale changes in ways of working and/or roles and responsibilities within a procurement or supplier management or commercial function
- Understand the strategic sourcing process in terms of the handover from sourcing to supplier management and back to sourcing as required
- IACCM or equivalent (MCIPs) or willingness to work towards gaining the qualification
- Commercial acumen and decision making based on commercial requirements
- Strong Influencing skills toward internal senior business stakeholders and suppliers
- Logical and analytical skills for data interpretation
- Communication and problem-solving in complex/critical situations
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com or call us on 0161 924 2387 to find out more.