Our client his a high profile FTSE 100 business. By modern standards, they are an effective user of e-procurement tools and have used the solutions to contribute to their ambitious savings targets. However, the time has come to re-evaluate the role technology plays in the procurement function. The CPO wishes to embrace the opportunity to make a major step forward to achieve best practice in key areas around source to contract (S2C), procure to pay (P2), spend analytics and supplier information management.
This role offers the opportunity to be the architect of the transformation program required to achieve the client’s objectives. Working with key members of the procurement leadership team you will design and develop the strategy and the associated road map to achieve the agreed targets which include evaluating existing and potentially new solutions, driving greater and better adoption of various spend management tools, engaging key business stakeholders to support the journey and upskilling team members where appropriate.
Strong candidates for this highly desirable role are likely to come from one of two possible backgrounds. You will either have worked in a consulting organisation who are effective at driving transformation programs enabled by tools like SAP Ariba, Coupa, Ivalua, Jaggaer or similar. Or you have been at the heart of your current employers drive to achieve similar objectives using the aforementioned solutions.
- Strong knowledge of at least one procurement software solution, ideally including upstream and downstream tools
- Experience of driving associated transformation projects involving improved adoption of such tools
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strategic thinking and a sound understanding of change management principles
- Project management experience beneficial but not essential
- An impressive background in procurement, supply chain, analytics or consulting
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: email@example.com or call us on 0161 924 2387 to find out more.