Our client is the UK’s leading management consultancy in the world of digitally enabled procurement and supply chain transformation, who are working with clients to help them understand how technology can drive business performance.
They are looking for outstanding technologists and consultants to join them and grow with them, and develop the client’s Procurement technology delivery capability, driving our strategy through large-scale Procurement transformation. Part of a developing team that will become the ‘go to’ for Procurement technology, you will play a key role in the growth of their propositions to sell and deliver large programmes.
We are recruiting for a ‘Senior Manager’ within our client’s Operations Transformation team. Their Senior Managers are responsible for delivering and managing large-scale and high-profile digital procurement engagements for FTSE/blue-chip organisations, as well as playing a leading role in driving sales/business development activity. The Senior Manager role operates directly under the guidance of our Directors and Partners and includes responsibility for managing and developing team members.
We are looking for a motivated, innovative and collaborative individual, with a strong digital procurement background. Experience in delivering and managing large-scale digital procurement transformation projects is essential, as well as an ability to manage cross-functional teams and senior client relationships.
Ideally, you will have previous experience of consulting and/or have held strategic transformation roles with skills developed across different markets and sectors. You’ll have excellent stakeholder management skills, and a proven track record of helping clients reach their desired outcomes. On the technical side, you’ll need a thorough understanding of the Procurement technology landscape including solutions such as Coupa, SAP Ariba, Jaggaer, Oracle and /or Ivalua.
- Own engagement management activities for digital Procurement engagements, including client relationship management, budget ownership and supporting team members to deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients
- Overall accountability for the delivery and quality of client deliverables
- Supervise and performance manage colleagues working on assigned engagements
- Manage resourcing requirements and financials across programmes, delivering engagements on time, to budget, and in accordance to risk management policies
- Develop strong relationships with senior client stakeholders (including up to Board level), colleagues and third-party partners
- Drive innovation and leading practice, providing subject matter expertise and strategic guidance to clients
- Identify development needs of the team and provide coaching, mentoring and stretch assignments to attract, develop and retain our most talented colleagues.
- Ensuring wellbeing matters are properly handled and resolved by demonstrating empathy and awareness
- Lead business development activities such as identification, proposal development, and other prospect activities; work with the appropriate resources from other service lines/industries
- Collaborate with Partners and Directors to develop and convert pipeline sales opportunities into live engagements
- Support clients to deliver leading practice digital Procurement strategies and business cases to unlock investment
- Actively share knowledge with other colleagues/teams and contribute to the development of innovative propositions/solutions which differentiate from our competition
Essential experience and skills
- Selling, leading and delivering large-scale, complex digital transformational programmes and drawing on diverse solutions to successfully resolve client issues.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with senior client stakeholders up to board level and evidence of an existing strong network of client relationships.
- A strong track record of client delivery, innovation and transformation using Cloud solutions, at large FTSE/blue chip organisations
- Recognised as an expert in digital Procurement, with ability to provide credible technical insight to clients. Deep knowledge of the sector, key client issues and market trends.
- Detailed knowledge of procurement processes – including sourcing, category management, contract management, Purchase to Pay (P2P), supplier risk management
- Working knowledge of Source to Pay software including one or more of the following; Coupa, SAP Ariba, Jaggaer, Oracle and /or Ivalua.
- Leading business development activity (including proposals/RFPs), developing business cases, and selling new opportunities. Demonstrating perseverance and tenacity, and the ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
- A track record of managing direct reports and/or project team – including working with onshore, offshore and third-party teams to deliver solutions
- Development of thought leadership and participation in brand-building and brand-awareness exercises
To apply for this job please email your CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0161 222 0515 to find out more.